Soup is an easy meal to make and a great way to use up your leftover vegetables. It can also be frozen and ready to consume on a busy day.
Research has shown the average Brit throws away a staggering 142 carrots, onions, tomatoes, courgettes, potatoes and loaves of bread a year. Instead of chucking your carrots in the compost, blend them into a creamy soup.
- 2-3 large parsnips
- 2-3 large carrots
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Vegetable stock
- 100ml double cream
- Black pepper
- Fry the onions in a large saucepan until soft
- Add the garlic and black pepper and cook for a couple of minutes
- Add the carrots, parsnips and vegetable stock
- Bring to the boil
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes
- Blend the mixture until smooth, add the cream and blend once more
- Serve and enjoy!
- Season with chopped parsley
- Freeze and save for a busy day